Thursday, July 25, 2013



Decision Making Process.
First, I come up with some ideas and plans that I think will benefit both restaurant and the environment. Then I will have to talk with the restaurant manager or the stakeholders to make a decision on what type of project they want to take in for their organization. I've came up with different project ideas such as finding clients for the Green Restaurant Association which is an non-profit organization who helps restaurants to become environmental friendly. Even though I have all the idea on a paper, it is not yet enough because I need confirmation from my partners. The managers are the main decision makers. I am the change agent who will lead my partner with ideas. 

Before getting to the end, we have to start first. I've been doing research on the Green Restaurant Associations and other ways to green a restaurant. I am doing as much research as I can because it is best to know more than little. From this, I can answer the questions from my partners. After that, I will set up meetings with the managers to present my ideas on my project.

In order to make a final decision for the project, my partner and i will have to agree on the same decision. Even though I will taking some part on decision making process, my partner will be taking a bigger role because my partner knows the restaurant organization better and knows what is the best thing to do. However, I will be taking the role to lead to the right place with the right idea. I made my ideas as flexible as possible so that my partner doesn't feel suffocated.

After all the plannings and researching, I still have blind spots that i still have to overcome. I lack in background information of the organizations that I want to work with. to over come that, I have to talk to a lot of employees to learn about the organization. That will help me bond and build relationships with the employees. Bonding with employees and knowing the organization will help me to make right decisions with benefits for both sides.

Business and Finance.
For finance, it really depend on what the project is based on. All my project ideas are based on saving energy, water or controlling waste. Another option will be working with Green Restaurant Association. The association will help the restaurant to be environmentally friendly with a small amount of cost. If the restaurants are willing to do this, then I have another plan to help the restaurant. I have an idea to give them something in return such as free marketing of their name. 

By doing that, it can benefit both sides. The organization will be advertised, benefit the environment and also make more money. It will attract customers who cares about the environment or a customer who is casually just looking for a quick meal. Most of the decision will have to come from the manager which is single unit.

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Mi Mi. I hope the project is successful.Rgds, Miguel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mi Mi, as we discussed in our POD meeting, you will not be here to see the project to the end. So it seems like you are on a good track to information gathering and decision making. Make sure to gather your information in an organized way so that you can pass it onto your peers and co-workers in an efficient way where work will not have to be done twice. Zoe

    ReplyDelete